UNI ERA

CCUB 4621 (205)

BIODATA


A passionate psychology student who previously wavered in deciding between Psychology and TESL. I am a life-long learner who is on the quest of searching and equipping myself with valuable knowledge. I am also up to a deep and meaningful conversation that can help in charting my path as a useful being and grow as a person because intelligence attracts me more than anything. A social media minimalist who spends only around 1 hour a day checking in my social media mainly Twitter and Instagram just to know what’s going on around the world. A meticulous and particular being where disorganization irritates me. I am also a responsible and self-motivated individual with excellent time-management.


A late night and a deep thinker who generates a thoughtful idea and pen down everything in the middle of the night (0100-0300). A multilingual who also speaks Mandarin and is learning several other languages (French, Arabic, Korean, Spanish). I simultaneously switch back and forth from writing and reading (mostly non-fiction) to make it look exquisite as a straightforward minded type of person like me are not really good in expressing other writing except facts. I guess there’s always a first time for everything and here I am trying to be a better writer and read a lot more to broaden my horizon. Lastly, I am still progressing at my own pace.


GROUP PROJECT REFLECTION

 

Every time when it comes to group assignments, I would always have this thought in my mind. “Are people are going to be OK with my working style?” “Are people are going to think of me as someone fussy because I have an unusual standard.” These were just a few examples but the truth is, I have gazillions of others in my mind. I keep on ruminating about it over time but one thing to tell you, I am not going to be sorry for being excellent, for being detail or particular because I always wanted the best outcome. The best result for myself and for the people I worked with. 

Major highlights:

Learnt a lot about kindness through others perspective

Not being the one who always needs to initiate everything

Cooperation is the number one key to get things done with grace

Finally felt fine enough to trust people to be in charge


Through the poster project conducted about “kindness”, I would say that I learned so many things from it. I've learnt; it doesn’t matter how hard you are trying to be OK with a mediocre performance; your set standard is not going to change because you know you are not easily satisfied if things were incongruence with your standard. However, that doesn’t mean that you can have the power to dictate people’s hard work and effort. You can try to adjust your standard by remembering that not everyone has the capacity to give everything that you want because people’s definition of “EXCELLENT” might not be the same as ours. We just need to accept it with open arms and heart.

People are imperfect beings with limitations. NO one is perfect because the attribute of perfection is entirely for Allah. I learned it the hard way because all this while I beat and work myself too hard to get things done with my perfect standard. The thing is I forgot that it is OK to not be perfect. I learned that all I can do is do the best in my power and let the rest lies on Allah. Whatever the result is not in my power. Not for a mere human being like myself to determine.


“Just do the best that you can, within the time that you have and the capacity/ strength that are within us

 

 

-Nadia Nur Arina Binti Rudy Haris (1711410)